|Congratulations! You've just been appointed to your new job. Now the real work begins.|
It is important from the beginning to convince your new employers that, in selecting you, they have made the right choice.
* Demonstrate that you are highly-motivated and eager to get started.
* Discuss your duties and responsibilities; and establish your priorities. Set challenging, but achievable, short-term and long-term goals.
* To enable you to fit in quickly, find out as much you can about your company and its organisational structure.
* Identify the most successful and highly valued people in the firm and analyse the reasons for their success. Use them as your role models. Associate with colleagues who are perceived as ideal employees.
* Prepare carefully for meetings with your boss. Try to anticipate questions and be ready with positive and considered responses. Make sure you are always well-informed. Keep up to date on current issues.
* Learn all you can about problem-solving techniques. When you are given a problem to solve, tackle it enthusiastically and systematically.
* Establish a reputation as a good team player by developing good working relationships and cultivating friendships with as wide a range of people in the company as possible.
* Participate fully in your company's training programme; and avail of all opportunities to extend your knowledge and develop work-related skills.
* Learn from your own mistakes and the mistakes of others.
* Do more than is specified in your contract. Volunteer for assignments that will help raise your profile within the company.
* Complete all work on time. Don't make promises unless you are sure you can deliver.
* Develop a reputation for honesty, loyalty and integrity.
* Since your job description will form the basis of your performance appraisal, it is important to review it regularly.
About the Author
Gerard McLoughlin, Director of Assignments Plus Communications, has contributed career-related articles to hundreds of recruitment companies, websites and publications throughout the world, including: USA Today, JobBankUSA.com, US-Recruiters.com, Jobs1.co.uk, Nurse-Recruiter.com, and Recruitireland.com
Visit the author's website at http://www.assignmentsplus.com
Distance Learning is one of education's more versatile methods of attaining vital skills and knowledge for today's society and technology. Through distance learning, you can virtually attend class at times and places that meet demands of your...
"My First Experience In A Faraway Land"
~~My First Experience in A Faraway Land~~ by: Jane Fulton When I first came on the net, I was so bewildered! It was as if I had traveled to a faraway land and everyone spoke a foreign language. I couldn't understand them and they couldn't...
Catering Business or Working in a Restaurant
Preface: This article will help you to decide take informed decisions between a catering business and working in a restaurant. Today, more and more people turn to catering and prepared food for their special events. Growing numbers of newly...
Orhan S Ari -some sources, quotes on the late teacher & educator's teaching
Extracts from some of the Tributes for the 'Teacher of Teachers', the late Orhan Seyfi & his teaching ~a remembrance -memorial to.. a country boy, interested in teaching who captured the hearts & minds of the pupils & of the people -they named a...
Ready To Work At Home?
Hundreds of people everyday make the switch from working at a job to working at home. But, this move may sound like an enticing thing to some, but to others it can be devastating. If you plan to begin a work at home career, you need to understand...